Installation of the Lamp
Assembling and attaching it to the monitor couldn’t be easier than with the BenQ Screenbar E-Reading Lamp.
In the first step, the elongated lighting unit is clamped into the monitor holder. No tools are required for fastening. The second step is to connect the supplied USB cable to the lamp, which is then placed on the monitor with the bracket in the last step.
Monitors with a frame thickness of one to three centimeters are supported. Thanks to the relatively heavy posture, the lamp’s own weight is sufficient to provide a firm hold. All in all, it only takes a few minutes to set up from unpacking the package to commissioning.
High Range of Functions
The range of functions offered by the Screenbar E-Reading Lamp is considerably larger than that of “normal” desk lamps. The controls and light sensor are located on the top of the lamp.
From left to right: Luminous intensity, colour temperature, lighting sensor, auto dimming function, on/off switch
- The dimming function allows the brightness to be adjusted in different levels. By placing the finger on the lamp, the brightness changes from the brightest to the darkest level and then back again until the desired intensity is reached.
- The second control adjusts the color temperature from 2700K (warm light) to 6500K (cold white light) in several steps. The lamp has both white and yellow LEDs, the light of which is mixed according to the set colour temperature. According to BenQ, the warm light should promote relaxation, while the cold light enables particularly concentrated work
- The illumination sensor detects the intensity of the ambient light present.
- In combination with the auto dimming function, the luminous intensity can also be adjusted by the lamp itself if required. According to BenQ, this should always ensure that the brightness at the workplace remains at 500 lux, as a study has shown that this is the optimum brightness to be able to work fatigue-free. When the environment is very dark, the auto dimming function reduces the brightness to 300 lux to avoid too high a contrast to the environment. The colour temperature is also set to 4000 Kelvin (neutral white) when using the auto dimming function. A manual adjustment of the colour temperature is not possible when using the auto dimming function.
- The last control element switches the lamp on and off.
Ergonomics and Practical Experience
The lamp makes a good impression in everyday life. The lamp is a bit shorter than my 27-inch monitor, but the desk below the monitor is completely illuminated. The light does not cause annoying reflections either on the monitor on which the lamp is mounted or on the second monitor next door.
Compared to my previous desk lamp, the BenQ Screenbar E-Reading Lamp offers several advantages, because the illumination is more even and the lamp can be optimally centered on the monitor. Thanks to the clamp holder, the lamp can be tilted about 20 degrees during operation to adjust the lighting if necessary.
Also the probably most important feature of the lamp, namely the Auto Dimm function works perfectly. Thanks to the low power consumption, the lamp can be used at the PC during the entire working time to achieve a constant light.
BenQ ScreenBar E-Reading-LED-Task-Lampe im Preisvergleich
Mit dem Kauf über die Links aus unserem Preisvergleich unterstützt du unsere redaktionelle Arbeit, ohne dass du dadurch Mehrkosten hast. Wir danken dir für deine Unterstützung.