With the Cougar Phontum a headset was introduced, which should be usable for several areas at the same time. No matter if you sit at home in front of the computer, the PlayStation or the Xbox or if you need a headset on the go. The Cougar Phontum should be equipped for every situation with a second pair of ear pads and a partially removable cable. Whether the 50 Euro expensive headset meets these requirements, we have tested for you.
- Stereo headset for all devices (3.5 mm jack)
- Cushioned, circumaural ear cups
- 53 mm driver units
- Headphone Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Headphone impedance: 32 Ω +/-15%
- sound pressure level: 98 dB/mW at 1 kHz
- Microphone Frequency Response: 100 Hz – 10 kHz
- Sensitivity: -45 dB +/- 3 dB
- Microphone impedance: 2.2 kΩ
- Directional characteristic: Uni-directional
- Cable length: 1.2 m + 1.8 m (removable)
First Impression and Quality
The first impression of the 50 Euro Cougar Phontum is very good. The packaging is high quality and the headset itself is stable. At first glance, the headset looks very thick and heavy, as the ear cushions, which are intended for home use and gaming, are quite thick. In the scope of supply are still second ear cushions, which are clearly thinner and intended for on the way. The detachable microphone is firmly plugged into the socket and the bracket does not wobble. The headset is also otherwise robust and well manufactured.